ALG AR-15 Advanced Combat Trigger (ACT)
1. Performance Advantages for the Shooter
• The ALG Defense ACT trigger pull is smoother and sharper than a stock trigger. This is accomplished by polishing the sear surfaces smooth and HardLubing the trigger components.
• Sear geometry has not been changed from the standard profile so the high reliability that the stock trigger is known for is unchanged.
• Trigger and hammer are made from true 8620 alloy steel military specification castings, correctly carburized, quenched and tempered for high surface hardness.
• Disconnector is 1070 High Carbon steel properly Austempered into the spring range of hardness.
• Springs are corrosion resistant and meet military specifications.
• A full force hammer spring is used for positive ignition of all type of ammunition.
• Trigger and hammer pins are improved over stock mild steel by using 4140 Chrome-Moly steel that has been quenched and tempered. Pins are centerless ground to a fine finish and a diameter 0.001” larger than stock to reduce play in the trigger assembly while retaining a slip fit into the lower receiver.
• Generally, the pull weight is about 6.0lbs.
2. Advantages for the Armorer
• The ALG Defense ACT trigger is an enhanced standard trigger so maintenance and installation procedures are unchanged.
• Trigger assembly parts may be interchanged between triggers, there are no matched sets.